51st Annual Academic Sessions
It is just a few months to the annual academic sessions – the main academic event in our calendar. This year we have enhanced what is on offer in many new ways, and we are sure that there is something unmissable for everyone!
- For everyone – Our 18 symposia on every finer specialty, each with 3 lectures, will bring you up to date on cutting edge Medicine. Don’t miss them if you plan to practice Medicine today!
Symposia – a look at the cutting edge of today’s Medicine:
- Clinical ethics
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Haematology & Oncology
- Infectious Disease
- Maternal Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- What’s New in Diagnostics?
- What’s New in Therapeutics?
- For our specialists – We have lined up for you 12 plenaries on stimulating, thought-provoking topics throughout the breadth of our specialty, dealing with controversies and new horizons in Medicine. Don’t miss them if you plan to practice Medicine tomorrow!
Plenaries – a peep at the Medicine of tomorrow:
- Cardiovascular risk factors in marginalised populations
- Controversies in osteoporosis
- Human migration and infection
- Impact of social media on Medicine
- Metacognition and cognitive bias
- Neurogenic cardiac syndromes
- Systems science and Medicine
- For our senior registrars – We have lined up for you 3 special workshops on
- how to get your research project going,
- how to get your overseas training arranged and what to expect when overseas,
- and how to prepare for the MRCP (UK) PACES examination, which you can now sit locally.
- There is also a separate, special series of lectures that will introduce you to communications skills, especially tailored to your overseas stint and the PACES.Don’t miss them if you plan to make the most your SR period and overseas training!
- For our registrars – We have lined up for you 18 teaching capsules that tell you what you were afraid to ask, conducted by specially selected medical teachers. Don’t miss them if you want to make the most of your registrar job!
Teaching capsules for registrars (by prior registration):
- Approach to the neurological presentations
- Community acquired sepsis
- ECGs in emergencies
- Diagnostic approach to arthritis
- Management of heart failure
- NIV for registrars
- Postural intolerance
- Therapeutic approach to arthritisand more!
- For researchers – We will showcase your research in free paper sessions, with both oral and poster presentations. Don’t miss this chance to give visibility to your hard work!
- And more – There are also special workshops on postgraduate training, palliative care, and maternal critical care. Let us know if you would like a place reserved for you in any one of them!
Remember the dates: 12 – 15 September 2018, at Galadari Hotel Colombo.