Ceylon College of Physicians (CCP)
52nd Anniversary Academic Sessions 2019
Call for Abstracts
The Ceylon College of Physicians invites you to submit abstracts for the 52nd Anniversary Academic Sessions 2019 to be held from 12 – 14 September 2019.
The deadline to submit abstracts is 31st May 2019, 12 mid night, Sri Lankan Time.
- All abstract submissions should be submitted electronically online through the abstract submission web portal.
- Please note that hard copy submissions to the CCP Office will NOT be accepted.
- All authors of abstracts should be members of the CCP, if they are eligible for membership.
- All research studies should have obtained Ethics Committee approval. All Clinical Trials should have been registered with a Clinical Trials Registry. Authors should provide the letter of approval from an accepted Ethics Review Committee (ERC) for research studies and Clinical Trials Registration Number for Clinical Trials.
- All the authors should declare any conflicts of interest during their presentation at the congress.
- The CCP reserves the right to make alterations and to edit the contents of the abstract to improve the quality of presentation and to ensure conformity with the general style of the CCP abstracts.
Instructions for online abstract submission
Online through the abstract submission web portal
- Submitting an abstract
- Enter the information requested in the system (Title, names and affiliations, presenting author, abstract text etc).
- You should receive a confirmatory email, if not please contact CCP office.
(Phone number: 0113094140, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The title of the paper should be concise and the CCP reserves the right to modify the title if necessary.
- The author(s) name(s) should be in the format of last name/surname followed by the initial(s). Please DO NOT use prefixes such as Mr/Dr/Prof. (E.g. Smith AB)
- Please DO NOT include the title, names of the authors, institutions, sub-headings or any tables/graphs/figures or references within the body of the abstract. Only the text of the abstract should be included.
- The abstract must be structured as follows:
- Introduction and objectives
- The body of the abstract MUST NOT exceed 250 words.
- When uploading the abstract as a MS Word document, please format as below.
- Title: BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS
- Authors: Last name followed by initials, with the presenting author underlined. A superscript number should be placed after each name to refer to the respective affiliations. (eg.:- Smith AB¹, Silva CD²)
- Affiliations: must be listed below the authors
- Body of the abstract: Structured with subheadings: Introduction and Objectives, Method, Results and Conclusions.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Spacing: single line spacing
- The language of the submission should be set to English (UK)
- Modifications to the abstract can be made until submission. Please note that NO amendments to the submitted abstracts (including the author list) would be entertained after closing of submissions.
- Abstracts not conforming to the above instructions will be rejected.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract book containing the abstracts.
- The Ceylon College of Physicians reserves the right to make alterations and to edit the title and / or the text to improve the quality.
- A panel of reviewers will review abstracts anonymously and the decision of the Scientific Committee will be final. Successful applicants will be notified via email by 2nd week of July 2019.
- The presenting author of the selected papers must register prior to the paper being finally accepted by the College. Please contact the College Office for further details.
- Please provide a name of a stand-in presenting author (in case of a situation where the original presenting author is unable to attend).
- Failure to make a presentation (oral or poster) once participation is confirmed will be considered an episode of academic/scientific misconduct and the authors will be liable for punitive action.
- The author/s should take full public responsibility for the research work and the contents reported in the abstract.
- If the work has been previously presented or published, in whole or in part, this should be stated clearly in the cage provided in web portal or form. This does not disqualify a paper but must be stated when submitting the paper.
Awards for free papers and posters
The following prizes will be awarded for free papers and posters accepted for presentation at the 52nd Anniversary Academic Sessions 2019.
- Deshamanya Dr. J B Peiris Award for the best presentation in Neurology
- WAS De Silva award for the best paper on Tropical Disease
- National Stroke Association of Sri Lanka Award for the Best Presentation on Stroke
- Best Outstation Research Award – Best Research work in an outstation setting
- Henry Rajaratnam Award – Best free paper Endocrinology Diabetes Metabolism
- K Rajasuriya Award for the best poster presentation at the Annual Academic Sessions
Honorary Joint Secretaries
Ceylon College of Physicians